A woman has been found dead in her bedroom after her floor cleaning machine failed

A woman who died in her London bedroom has been discovered dead after her cleaning machine went missing, police said.

A post-mortem examination revealed the woman died of asphyxia by hanging and that she died of carbon monoxide poisoning, said Metropolitan Police.

It comes after a woman was found dead on a house terrace in south London last week.

She was discovered unresponsive in her bed with the door closed.

She had been found with carbon mono poisoning.